Designed and built in Canada the Avro Canada CF-100 Canuck was first flown in 1950 and was used by the RCAF from 1951 through 1981. The only other user was Belgium. The Canuck was used as an interceptor and electronic warfare aircraft in Canada and was also based in Europe as part of Canada’s NATO commitment.
Our Museum’s example was made available for display at the Museum in 1995 after being brought to CFB Shearwater as part of 423 Squadron’s 50th anniversary. It served with Number 3 OTU as well as AETE test squadron.